Here are 15 easy ways you can help get the word out and make a difference.
1. Demand an additional public hearing before the DEIR period expires and where the public commissioners are present Go to this link for a template letter and the proper addresses to send it to: Public hearing request! addresses and letter template
2. Write letters of concern to those in your local government and these county officials:
Department of Regional Planning
Principal Regional Planning Assistant
Zoning Permits North Secton Department of Regional Planning
320 W. Temple Street, Room 1348
Los Angeles, CA 90012
3. Sign our petition and ask others to as well: http://www.c4cclc.com/petition/
4. Printout and hang in your side car windows any of these signs to get the info out in a portable fashion: http://www.c4cclc.com/help-get-word-car-signs/
5. Attend your local City/Town Council Meetings and voice your concern and input on this expansion
*** Check for upcoming meeting dates on our calendar in the right column***
Castaic Area Town Council – http://castaicareatowncouncil.org
Santa Clarita City Council – http://www.santa-clarita.com/index.aspx?page=71
Val Verde Civic Association – https://www.facebook.com/valverdecalifornia
Val Verde Community Advisory Committee – http://www.valverdecac.com
Los Angeles County Solid Waste Management Committee/Integrated Waste Management Task Force http://dpw.lacounty.gov/epd/tf/
6. Tweet at us @C4CCLC and feel free to use any of these hashtags to further build interest: #iamvalverde, #valleyofthedumps, #trashingsocal, #zerowastefail, #healthb4wealth, #leftoutlatinos, #40yrsisenough, #badneighbor, #disposableppl,
7. Like our Facebook page and invite others to as well.
8. Printout flyers and post where you work or in any businesses, schools, churches, etc. you frequent where folks would want to know about it.
You can find a flyer here: http://www.c4cclc.com/flyer-1-heard/
9. Tour the landfill. Please contact Steve Cassulo at Chiquita Canyon at (661) 257-3655 to schedule a tour.
10. Send others to this page to take their own action http://www.c4cclc.com/help/
11. Consider joining or creating a Next door site for your area to better communicate with your neighbors www.nextdoor.com
13. Visit our site often or subscribe to our feed to know the latest information we are putting out.
14. Educate yourself on this project and environmental issues surrounding landfills, their regulations and agencies as well as the many other facets involved with waste management.
15. Last but not least…Re-use, Recycle, and Compost whenever you can.