- To defend the original contract which states the landfill will close if maximum capacity of 23 million tons is reached or on November 2019, whichever occurs first.
- To challenge the proposed CUP based on past and current relations with the landfill, as well as issues with the expansion’s effects on the population and environment.
- To defend the rights of our neighbors, the right for their concerns to be heard and validated by landfill management, governmental agencies, and officials with the means to make changes.
- To protect investments in our land and homes.
- To organize experts and expert opinions during the process of the DEIR and in the future.