Here are 15 easy ways you can help get the word out and make a difference.
1. Printout flyers and post where you work or in any businesses, schools, churches, etc. you frequent where folks would want to know about it.
You can find a flyer here: http://www.c4cclc.com/flyer-1-heard/
2. Printout and hang in your side car windows any of these signs to get the info out in a portable fashion: http://www.c4cclc.com/help-get-word-car-signs/
3. If you want to hand out our info cards we have a half sheet printout for the taking: http://www.c4cclc.com/info-cards/
4. Sign our petition and ask others to as well: http://www.c4cclc.com/petition/
5. In social media, share directly from our Facebook or website instead of the original source to send traffic through the group: https://www.facebook.com/C4CCLC
6. Tweet at us @C4CCLC and feel free to use any of these hashtags to further build interest: #iamvalverde, #valleyofthedumps, #trashingsocal, #zerowastefail, #healthb4wealth, #leftoutlatinos, #40yrsisenough, #badneighbor, #disposableppl,
7. Invite friends to like our Facebook page
8. Send others to this page to take their own action http://www.c4cclc.com/help/
9. Attend your local City/Town Council Meetings and voice your concern and input on this expansion
*** Check for upcoming meeting dates on our calendar in the right column***
Castaic Area Town Council – http://castaicareatowncouncil.org
Santa Clarita City Council – http://www.santa-clarita.com/index.aspx?page=71
Val Verde Civic Association – https://www.facebook.com/valverdecalifornia
Val Verde Community Advisory Committee – http://www.valverdecac.com
Los Angeles County Solid Waste Management Committee/Integrated Waste Management Task Force http://dpw.lacounty.gov/epd/tf/
10. Write letters of concern to those in your local government and these county officials:
Department of Regional Planning
Zoning Permits Section Rm 1345
Los Angeles County Dept. of Regional Planning
320 W. Temple St
Michael D. Antonovich Supervisor, Fifth District- email@example.com– 213-974-5555 – Fax #: 213-974-1010
Mark Ridley-Thomas Supervisor, Second District – 213-974-2222 – Fax #: 213-680-3283 – markridley-thomas@ bos.lacounty.gov
Hilda L. Solis Supervisor, First District Population – Fax #: 213-613-1739 hildalsolis.org – E-mail: FirstDistrict@ bos.lacounty.gov
11. Consider joining or creating a Next door site for your area to better communicate with your neighbors www.nextdoor.com
12. Tour the landfill. Please contact Steve Cassulo at Chiquita Canyon at (661) 257-3655 to schedule a tour.
14. Visit our site often or subscribe to our feed to know the latest information we are putting out.
15. Last but not least…Re-use, Recycle, and Compost whenever you can.